Wondering about your air ducts? The signs that you need it cleaned.
Are you looking at your air vents and system, and think to yourself: maybe it is time to get it cleaned? Well, before you jump the gun, we have some clear signs that will highlight to you if you need your air ducts cleaned. So what are those signs that make you think: is it time to get my air ducts cleaned?
- There is a growth of mould, mildew, slime or bacteria-ridden growth surrounding your air vents. If your vents are filled with mould, the inside ducts will be loaded completely
- Constantly leaking water and obvious water damage. This highlights that there might be major problem in your air ducts
- Your system is not working as well as it should be. This could mean that there is so much dirt in your air duct or that there is debris that has built up and is restricting the airflow
- When you start noticing dust, cobwebs or other little pieces of debris start to visibly blow out of your duct vents. This is a very clear and obvious sign that your air ducts need cleaning.
- Do you notice there is a growth of insects or rodents in your home over a short period of time? There is a chance that these insects or rodents could be living in your air ducts. This is very common place for pests to live. If you also notice that pests, insects and bugs are hanging around your duct vents, it is a sign that your air ducts need to be cleaned so that all the pests are cleaned.
- If there are any offensive or strong odours coming from your air vents, it is a sign that something is growing in your air ducts. Cleaning it would be the only way to eliminate the smell.